Outdoor Account Manager at Canoe:
We are a creative communications agency that pride ourselves on continuously executing fresh, exciting work with professionalism and efficiency. Our industry leading client portfolio speaks for itself, as does our record of client and staff retention. We are looking for a self-motivated, ambitious and creative Account Manager with at least 3 years relevant experience to join our outdoor team and work on our peerless portfolio of some of the most exciting brands in the outdoor industry. The candidate will be working in a lively, fast-paced, friendly environment and will need to be an excellent team player with initiative.
- Genuine and active interest in the outdoors.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative.
- Enjoy working hands-on as well as being part of a team.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic.
- Be honest and down to earth.
- Highly organised.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 3 years PR experience with outdoor brands.
- Ability to take direction & manage accounts reporting directly to the Director of PR and/or Senior Account Manager.
- Passion for the outdoor industry and the technologies prevalent within it.
- Proven media contacts (mainstream consumer, newspapers & supplements, key regional, endemic media, online, bloggers and influencers) – with the ability to develop these contacts.
- Proven ability to deliver ‘breakout coverage’ in nationals, broadcast and lifestyles titles.
- Experience & competency in coordinating product testing for editorial inclusion.
- Experience & competency of organising PR events such as press days and media trips.
- A great understanding of social media and experience of successful PR campaigns across all leading social media channels.
- Impeccable organisational skills.
- Strong client facing experience & competency.
- A creative output: IDEAS.
- Exceptional written skills, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Experience of managing more junior members of team.
The successful candidate will be able to / be supremely proficient at:
- Pro-active product and news placement.
- Hosting showroom appointments on a regular basis.
- Building on established press contacts and seeking new press relationships.
- Copywriting – including press release writing, preparing reports.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Manage client liaison to a high standard, including daily correspondence and in-depth monthly reports.
Full time permanent position, based at Canoe’s London Office, Brick Lane E1. Deadline: 31st July 2017 Competitive salary – dependent on experience and ability to meet all requirements.
Please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com